The Tonnika sisters were identical twins who became infamous con artists under the New Order. Individually, they were Brea and Senni Tonnika, although they often pretended to be just one woman, Bresenni.
In 0 BBY, they earned additional fame for being in the Mos Eisley Cantina when Luke Skywalker first met Han Solo, but in fact, the “Tonnika sisters” in the Cantina were the Mistryl Shadow Guard warriors Shada D’ukal and Karoly D’ulin, masquerading as Brea and Senni in the course of a mission.
- a. Olive/dark green in colour for the green sister.
- b. Navy/dark blue for the blue sister.
- a. Light green (not fluorescent) for the green sister.
- b. Light blue (not fluorescent) for the blue sister.
- a. Collar: a triangular shaped collar with a point at the midline on the front, back and each shoulder with alternating panels of light green/light blue and black matte/non-shiny fabric (four panels of green/blue and four panels of black). The light green/light blue panels are made from the same fabric as the briefs. There is a thin black trim around the edges of the collar. The points of the collar reach down to the bust line and to the tips of each shoulder.
- b. Cuffs: made from the same fabrics as the collar. The cuffs are longer on the top of the arm than underneath. Black panel on top and light green/light blue panel underneath. Thin black trim around the edges of the cuff. Cuffs are approximately half the length of the forearm.
- a. Green sister has a single plait across the forehead below the hairline.
- b. Blue sister has 3 – 4 rows of plaits across the forehead below the hairline.
- a. Fingernails painted with matt silver nail varnish or false nails, painted with matt silver nail varnish.
- b. Green lipstick, eye shadow and eyeliner on the face for the green sister.
- c. Blue lipstick, eye shadow and eyeliner on the face for the blue sister.
- Gold bangle/bracelet on left wrist on the green sister only.
- If this costume is done as a pair, the green sister is ideally taller than the blue sister
- White handled smoking pipe, cylinder-shaped, approx 3″ long. There is a longer, thinner black/brown pipe, approx 4″ long, sticking out of the top for the mouthpiece.
Updated: September 6, 2013
Costume Standards Committee Review: June 12, 2013 – August 12, 2013.
Rebel Supporters Forums Review: August 12, 2013 – September 6, 2013.
(Tonnika Sisters proposed costume standards by Sarah Drummond & Suzi Stelling)