Note: For face characters, all costumers should strive for a close resemblance to the character's hair shape and color, facial hair or lack thereof, as well as any body decorations the character may have, such as tattoos and piercings. For hair color, unless exact color is required by the standard, all natural hair colors are accepted.
If the character does not have tattoos, piercings etc. then the costumer should cover up/remove any tattoos, piercings etc. they may have when wearing the costume.
The Jedi Order, later known as the Old Jedi Order and referred to as the Holy Order of the Jedi Knights, was an ancient monastic peacekeeping organization unified by its belief and observance of the Force, specifically the light side.
1. Under Tunic: Brown, tan, or off-white in color and should match the Inner Tunic. Wraps right over left and is fitted to the body.
2. Inner Tunic: Brown, tan, or off-white in color and typically contrasts with the Outer Tunic. Wraps left over right and is fitted to the body.
3. Outer Tunic: Brown, tan, or off-white in color. Wraps left over right and is fitted to the body. Does not visibly extend below Obi.
4. Sleeves: Tan or off-white in color. May be part of either Outer Tunic or Inner Tunic. Extend to the wrist and are fitted to the arm.
5. Pants: Tight fitting, Tan, brown, or off-white in color. No visible pleats or pockets and fitted.
6. Obi: Brown, tan, or off-white in color. Worn over Pants and Outer Tunic but below Robe and Belt. Does not extend visibly below belt.
7. Robe: Brown or off-white in color and of looser fit. Sleeves end just above the elbow. Hood attaches at the lapel and continues around the neck line. The Robe does not close in front and should wrap roughly 3/4 around the costumer. Lower portion of of the Robe an A-line skirt that ends just above the ankle.
8. Belt: Brown or metallic wide (~3″ depending on costumer) belt worn over Robe. Belt closures (Velcro, snaps, etc.) should not be visible. No Earth-bound buckles.
9. Boots: Brown in color with no visible laces or outside zippers. Shaft should extend at least to mid-calf but below the knee. No rubber boots.
10. Lightsaber: (No toy sabers, no movie hero sabers, no Ultimate FX short saber). The lightsaber may be a static prop (hilt-only). Metal hilt lightsabers are preferred, though custom lightsabers constructed of other materials are permitted. Attached blade(s), LED lights, and sound effects, are allowed but not required. Blade colors accepted are: blue, green, yellow, orange, white and violet. No red, pink or black blades. Double-blade sabers are allowed. The saber may be attached to the belt with either a Covertec clip or a hook and d-ring
1. Tabard: Brown, tan, or off-white in color. Scarf style tabard worn around the neck and under the Obi. Extends below belt to upper thigh. Ends of tabard are of a contrasting brown, tan, or off-white color.
2. Outer Tunic may extend below the belt in a central panel that extends to the lower thigh. This panel should not extend past mid-thigh to either side.
3. Gloves: Brown in color. Gauntlet style that should extend to mid forearm.
4. Bracers: Brown in color. Extends from wrist to mid forearm. No visible laces or earth-bound buckles.
5. Headband: Metallic or leather with metallic details worn around the head above the brow.
6. Trim/Detail: Gloves, Bracers, Belt, Boots, and Robe may have trim/detail within the scope of reference images. This includes, but is not limited to, hexagonal brown patches on Pant knees, shoulder patches on Robe, trim bands on Robe/Gloves/Bracers/Boots, cylinders on Belt/Gloves/Bracers/Boots, and boxes on Belt.
Standard reviewed by the Costume Standards Committee 18 March 2015
PLEASE NOTE: The costume standards are a guide, yet are not an all inclusive outline of required elements. The judges will be looking for quality of workmanship, accurate execution and use of materials in addition to these general standards check lists. If you have a question about fabrics, colors, and parts choices for your build please contact the LCJs for your category about parts/materials you are considering before you start your build. (LCJ listing here)