Note: For face characters, all costumers should strive for a close resemblance to the character's hair shape and color, facial hair or lack thereof, as well as any body decorations the character may have, such as tattoos and piercings. For hair color, unless exact color is required by the standard, all natural hair colors are accepted.
If the character does not have tattoos, piercings etc. then the costumer should cover up/remove any tattoos, piercings etc. they may have when wearing the costume.
Satele Shan was a human female who served as the Jedi Order’s Grand Master during the Cold War and the Galactic War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire. The daughter of Jedi Knight Tasiele Shan, who was herself a descendant of the legendary Jedi Knights Revan and Bastila Shan, Satele was born on the planet Brentaal IV in the year 3699 BBY. Inheriting her family’s Force-sensitivity, she was inducted into the Jedi Order and became the Padawan of Jedi Master Ngani Zho, though she later traveled to the Sith homeworld of Korriban to study under the Zabrak Battlemaster Kao Cen Darach.
1. Brown Leather or leather looking tunic with a mandarin collar, tunic has a distinctive swirl pattern and gold piping.
2. Quilted brown tight fitting stretch pants (they have vertical quilting).
3. Gauntlet fingerless gloves in brown:
Brown leather/leather like gauntlets
Under arm portion has an armored piece
Tops of the gauntlet must have accurate design to reference pictures
Brown fingerless gloves have an armor piece/hand plate with a similar design to the belt buckle.
4. Thigh high flat boots with gold piping.
Legs have three pieces of armour attached via leather/leather like straps.
Two armour pieces in correct shape just below the knee.
Shin armour in correct shape with straps at the top and at the ankle.
Each strap has a plain square buckle/armour attachment at the back in silver/gun-metal.
Please see reference links for a visual guide.
5. Oval shaped knee armour in silver/gun-metal with a smaller oval piece with gold trim. Leather/leather like strap attached.
6. Belt in brown. Has four pouches on it. Two small in the back, one larger square size at the hip, and one in the front next to the belt buckle in a more rectangular boxy square shape. All are brown.
7. Large Oval belt buckle in silver/gun-metal grey with four red vertical lines starting at the top of the buckle and going 3/4 of the way down. Two indents on each side of the buckle. Please see reference links for a visual guide.
8. Hair tied into 4 thin, approximately shoulder-length braids, two at the front, two at the back. Braids have 2 silver hair beads on each, one at the top of the braid strand and one towards the bottom. Black or dark brown in colour.
9. Lightsaber hilt: accurate hero hilt (from either trailer or game) preferred, or custom double bladed lightsaber of similar style. If bladed they must be blue (two blades). No toy or Darth Maul lightsabers.
10. Brown leather arm band with a silver/gun metal grey attachment with three vertical red stripes, similar to the design of the belt buckle and hand plates.Visual reference for arm band
Standard reviewed by the Costume Standards Committee: 16 May 2017
PLEASE NOTE: The costume standards are a guide, yet are not an all inclusive outline of required elements. The judges will be looking for quality of workmanship, accurate execution and use of materials in addition to these general standards check lists. If you have a question about fabrics, colors, and parts choices for your build please contact the LCJs for your category about parts/materials you are considering before you start your build. (LCJ listing here)