Note: For face characters, all costumers should strive for a close resemblance to the character's hair shape and color, facial hair or lack thereof, as well as any body decorations the character may have, such as tattoos and piercings. For hair color, unless exact color is required by the standard, all natural hair colors are accepted.
If the character does not have tattoos, piercings etc. then the costumer should cover up/remove any tattoos, piercings etc. they may have when wearing the costume.
The Rebel Officer wears the brown shirt and pale jacket of a Starfighter Command officer. Unlike the Generals, his jacket lacks rank insignia or brown shoulder epaulettes.
1. Accurate khaki/tan jacket with brown shoulders (yoke) and four pockets in front.
2. Medium brown or dark tan shirt with bib in front, no visible buttons.
3. Khaki/tan pants with solid dark brown or black stripe on side of each leg or olive green pants.
4. Brown belt 1 ¾ to 2 inches wide with oval buckle.
5. Brown, flat soled, tall boots (14-16 inch tall shaft), riding boots recommended, or black boots/shoes with olive drab gaiters or puttees. Heels must be no higher than 1 inch. No obviously visible zippers, buckles, or laces.
6. Rank badge: 5 blue pips or 4 red with 1 centrally located blue pip.
Natural/cream colored duster with lapels, mid-calf to ankle length, no buttons.
Standard reviewed by the Costume Standards Committee 2 Feb 2015 Updated 15 March 2018
PLEASE NOTE: The costume standards are a guide, yet are not an all inclusive outline of required elements. The judges will be looking for quality of workmanship, accurate execution and use of materials in addition to these general standards check lists. If you have a question about fabrics, colors, and parts choices for your build please contact the LCJs for your category about parts/materials you are considering before you start your build. (LCJ listing here)