Rebel troopers (also known as Rebel soldiers and Rebel infantry) were standard foot soldiers employed by the Alliance to Restore the Republic. After the Declaration of a New Republic in 5 ABY, most Rebel troopers were organized into regular units of the New Republic Army.
- Can have white, smoke color or black “visor” .
- A comm pad on the helmet is required.
- Long-sleeve blue work shirt with bib in front (blue Chambray or blue Oxford recommended). Bib should cover front of shirt and it should come all the way up to the collar button and not sag. The bib can end in a range from below the belt line to approximately two to three inches above the belt line. No closures or buttons visible below the bib. No button down collars (with visible button holes on collar). Colour range from a light blue to medium blue (costume can be denied if shirt colour is deemed too dark blue).
- a) Vest can be the standard as purchased BDU shirt with 4 pocket layout on the front that you remove the collar and the sleeves.
b) Screen accurate black vest should be made of a heavy duty black canvas/duck cloth fabric with a double stitched yoke line in the front and the back. The front of the vest should have: Right side one large pocket with 3 sections and each section should have a pocket flap and strap. Below the upper pocket is a smaller open pocket with a Velcro closure. Left side has one very large “half moon” pocket with two pockets on it. Top one is open and bottom one has a pocket flap. Below this large pocket is another pocket with a flap that is at the same height as the right side lower open pocket flap.
- Charcoal or dark grey are not permitted
- Leather pull-on style preferred with low heels.
- No laces or ankle buckles.
- No non-black zippers. Any zipper closure must either be hidden or on the inside calf. No zippers on front or outside calf of boots.
- High-Calf boots are acceptable with sufficient blousing of the pants legs.
- No rubber boots.
- Solid leather or vinyl – no holes or decorations.
- Belt width should be 1 3/4 to 2″ wide in canyon or range tan colour
- 2″ buckle can be rectangular, octagonal or oval.
FORMAL REQUIREMENTS – Choose FOUR items
2. Pike weapon.
3. Two (2) aluminium/silver belt boxes proportional to wearer.
4. Large open pocket on the upper back of the vest with a center Velcro closure. Proportional to wearer and should go almost from armhole to armhole. Pocket is located high on the back and start slightly higher than the mid point of the arm holes.
5. Strip of 3 pockets along the bottom hem of the vest approx. 5″ tall.
6. Antenna on helmet comm box.
7. Accurate brown Holster – color similar to belt
8. Rank Badge – approx 2″ x 2″ (6CM), aluminium in color. Can only have blue and red pips (dots).
- Studio Creations Rebel Fleet Trooper Tutorial
- SWTroopers Rebel Fleet Trooper 1Tutorial
- Sunrider Base Rebel Fleet Trooper Tutorial
- Echo Base Rebel Fleet Trooper Helmet Tutorial
- Echo Base DH-17 Blaster Tutorial
- TK-560 DH-17 Blaster Tutorial
- Blaster Builders Club’s DH-17 Blaster Tutorial
- Rebel Fleet Trooper Yahoo Group
- Sunrider Base’s Rebel Fleet Trooper forum
- Rebel Legion Trooper forum
Standard updated 24 August 2017, 8 April 2018
PLEASE NOTE: The costume standards are a guide, yet are not an all inclusive outline of required elements. The judges will be looking for quality of workmanship, accurate execution and use of materials in addition to these general standards check lists. If you have a question about fabrics, colours, and parts choices for your build please contact the LCJs for your category about parts/materials you are considering before you start your build. (LCJ listing here)