Note: For face characters, all costumers should strive for a close resemblance to the character's hair shape and color, facial hair or lack thereof, as well as any body decorations the character may have, such as tattoos and piercings. For hair color, unless exact color is required by the standard, all natural hair colors are accepted.
If the character does not have tattoos, piercings etc. then the costumer should cover up/remove any tattoos, piercings etc. they may have when wearing the costume.
Qui-Gon Jinn was a revered, yet maverick and unconventional Human male Jedi Master. He was the Padawan to Count Dooku, and the mentor to Obi-Wan Kenobi and briefly Anakin Skywalker. Jinn often placed himself in conflict with the Jedi High Council. He was deeply attuned to the Living Force, which contributed to him frequently taking side trips to help seemingly weak and useless life-forms. Despite his opposition to the council, he was regarded by many Jedi as sharp-witted and possessing great wisdom.
1. ‘Natural’ coloured (ecru or very light tan) outer tunic, mid-thigh length, with shoulder tucks
2. ‘Natural’ coloured (ecru or very light tan) or light khaki-green coloured jersey or knit inner tunic
3. ‘Natural’ coloured (ecru or very light tan) tabards. Tabards end 1-2” past the outer tunic line in the back and fall to knee level in the front
4. ‘Natural’ coloured (ecru or very light tan) obi extending approximately 3” past top and bottom of belt. Obi closure in rear should be inconspicuous
5. Dark brown pants
6. Brown leather belt with smaller inner strap held by 8 silver button studs and silver buckle attached to inner strap with two ‘D’-rings
7. Covertec clip (original style)
8. Qui-Gon’s Hero lightsaber hilt
9. Two movie accurate tall ribbed belt pouches
10. Belt components should be arranged in the proper order
11. Knee-height dark brown boots with eight ( 8 ) wide horizontal straps in front running from just below the knee to the instep of the boot
12. Long hair with topknot and beard. Wigs and prosthetics are allowed
1. Dark brown hooded robe with sleeves at knuckle length, without shoulder tucks
2. Light grey coarse-weave poncho with darker grey border
PLEASE NOTE: The costume standards are a guide, yet are not an all inclusive outline of required elements. The judges will be looking for quality of workmanship, accurate execution and use of materials in addition to these general standards check lists. If you have a question about fabrics, colours, and parts choices for your build please contact the LCJs for your category about parts/materials you are considering before you start your build. (LCJ listing here)