Padmé Naberrie of Naboo was the younger daughter of Ruwee and Jobal Naberrie, and the sister of Sola Naberrie. Later in her life, Amidala became the secret wife of Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker and the mother of Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa Solo, two of the most important figures in Galactic history. She was also the grandmother of Jaina, Jacen and Anakin Solo, as well as Ben Skywalker. This relationship made her great-grandmother of Allana Solo, Jacen Solo’s daughter, and an ancestor of Nat, Kol, Cade Skywalker, and Ania Solo.
Amidala was the democratically elected Queen of Naboo before representing the Chommell sector as a Senator in the Galactic Senate. As Queen of Naboo, Amidala fought bravely to liberate her people during the Trade Federation’s invasion in 32 BBY, thus becoming one of the most respected political figures in the galaxy. In 22 BBY, following the Military Creation Act, Anakin Skywalker was assigned to protect her, and following the Battle of Geonosis, the two secretly married on Naboo after the pair fell in love.
1. Full-length base kimono (or kimono tunic and full skirt) of an iridescent maroon/silver cross-dye silk or silk-like fabric with a crinkled texture and many vertical pintucks.
2. Inner kimono with long knuckle-length fitted sleeves and an A-line middle skirt of a very crinkled sheer ivory matte chiffon or gauze laid over a cool bluish-gray matte fabric. The hem of the skirt is contoured, rising to the knees at the front and descending to the lower calves at the back.
3. Floor-length kimono robe in an iridescent lilac/gray cross-dyed silk or silk like textured fabric, large knee-length, rounded wing-shaped sleeves and a small train. The lower front edges of the kimono are folded back asymmetrically and tacked down to expose the underskirt. The sleeves are lined in a warm lilac silk or silk-like fabric and decorated in a gold embroidered swirling vine pattern studded with small ivory pearls.
4. Very wide firm obi of a cream and metallic gold diamond-patterned fabric , ending in wide folds at the back (mimicking an obi pad).
5. Low-heeled coordinating tailored pumps or flats.
6. Hair is pulled back from the face and secured to a large twisted bun at the back of the head with a few long narrow braids descending from it. The headdress is a large fan brush of hair with two silver textured arching bands with a twisted loop pattern studded with white and amethyst rhinestones on both sides, and two gold flanking half-egg shapes over the ears, each with a silver textured inner half-egg inset with a Naboo symbol. The whole of the headdress is secured to a thick “lace” base of ivory and cream seed beads, small round and teardrop pearls in a somewhat rounded V-shape, with the point of the V at the forehead and the tails of the V wrapping around the head to be secured beneath the base of the skull. Streaming from the base are dozens of multi-length strands of beads and pearls; the center front sections of strands are pulled back, twisted and pinned around to the backs of the half eggs. Streaming from the center back of the headdress is a beaded pansy-shaped appliqué with streams of beads and pearls descending from it. Naturally-occurring hair color only; no bangs.
7. White make-up on the face and neck (must not be splotchy or uneven). A red upper lip and a white lower lip with a red strip down the center, with a red dot on each cheek centered beneath each eye. The nails are paint with white polish.
- Padawan’s Guide Pre-Senate Kimono page
- Parts of Star Wars Pre-Senate Kimono page
- SWFFAQ Pre-Senate Kimono page