Padmé Naberrie of Naboo was the younger daughter of Ruwee and Jobal Naberrie, and the sister of Sola Naberrie. Later in her life, Amidala became the secret wife of Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker and the mother of Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa Solo, two of the most important figures in Galactic history. She was also the grandmother of Jaina, Jacen and Anakin Solo, as well as Ben Skywalker. This relationship made her great-grandmother of Allana Solo, Jacen Solo’s daughter, and an ancestor of Nat, Kol, Cade Skywalker, and Ania Solo.
Amidala was the democratically elected Queen of Naboo before representing the Chommell sector as a Senator in the Galactic Senate. As Queen of Naboo, Amidala fought bravely to liberate her people during the Trade Federation’s invasion in 32 BBY, thus becoming one of the most respected political figures in the galaxy. In 22 BBY, following the Military Creation Act, Anakin Skywalker was assigned to protect her, and following the Battle of Geonosis, the two secretly married on Naboo after the pair fell in love.
1. Floor-length loose, pleated gown of a black metallic brocade, damask or jacquard with long, wide sleeves folded back to form wide cuffs. Beneath are long fitted inner sleeves of a matte black fabric.
2. Floor-length full robe of a black furry fleece or poodle fabric with a tall mandarin collar and long, wide pointed sleeve that reach the knees. The robe opens at the left side front with slits up the side seams to reveal the undergown and has a long narrow band corralling the fullness of the back folds at the shoulder blades by a large black jet faceted button at each end. The sleeves are lined in an iridescent charcoal silk or silk-like fabric and along with the band are edged in narrow gold lace.
3. Half or full oval Art Deco-like appliqués of black velvet or velvet-like fabric in a burst of white and gold beads with gold thread are applied to the outer sleeve hems, the sleeve lining points, over the armhole seams at the shoulders and across the front of the mandarin collar. Three half rosette appliqués of black velvet or velvet-like fabric in a burst of white and gold beads with gold thread are applied to the right edge of the front opening of the robe at even intervals.
4. Low-heeled coordinating tailored pumps or flats.
5. Hairpiece has a wide down curve shape with twisted strands folded from base of neck over top with ornate filigree gold bands binding the strands and a filigree gold cap resting on forehead with a small gold filigree circular pendant. Two strands of large narrow black jet teardrop and small round faceted jet beads drop from each temple from beneath the hair. No bangs. Naturally-occurring hair colors only.
6. White make-up on the face and neck (must not be splotchy or uneven). A red upper lip and a white lower lip with a red strip down the center, with a red dot on each cheek centered beneath each eye. The nails are paint with white polish.
- Padawan’s Guide Coruscant Gown page
- SWFFAQ Coruscant Gown page