Note: For face characters, all costumers should strive for a close resemblance to the character's hair shape and color, facial hair or lack thereof, as well as any body decorations the character may have, such as tattoos and piercings. For hair color, unless exact color is required by the standard, all natural hair colors are accepted.
If the character does not have tattoos, piercings etc. then the costumer should cover up/remove any tattoos, piercings etc. they may have when wearing the costume.
Padmé Naberrie of Naboo was the younger daughter of Ruwee and Jobal Naberrie, and the sister of Sola Naberrie. Later in her life, Amidala became the secret wife of Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker and the mother of Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa Solo, two of the most important figures in Galactic history. She was also the grandmother of Jaina, Jacen and Anakin Solo, as well as Ben Skywalker. This relationship made her great-grandmother of Allana Solo, Jacen Solo’s daughter, and an ancestor of Nat, Kol, Cade Skywalker, and Ania Solo.
Amidala was the democratically elected Queen of Naboo before representing the Chommell sector as a Senator in the Galactic Senate. As Queen of Naboo, Amidala fought bravely to liberate her people during the Trade Federation’s invasion in 32 BBY, thus becoming one of the most respected political figures in the galaxy. In 22 BBY, following the Military Creation Act, Anakin Skywalker was assigned to protect her, and following the Battle of Geonosis, the two secretly married on Naboo after the pair fell in love.
1. Sleeveless, floor-length gown with a finely smocked bodice and very full skirt in a blue/aqua semi-iridescent, medium to heavy-weight crinkled fabric. The top center front is decorated with a short silver chain of blue crystal faceted stones with a blue faceted crystal teardrop in the center. Costumer should appear pregnant.
2. Open, floor-length full cloak of a velvet fabric with a watery wave pattern in shades of blue, sea green, grey and aqua. The cloak has scattered dark, iridescent sequins with chameleon effect (with blue, sea green, aqua, and lavender colors showing). A wide collar is densely covered in the same iridescent sequins. Six narrow, floor length velvet bands are also densely covered with the same sequins and descend from the collar, three on either side.
3. Low heeled coordinating tailored pumps or flats in a blue leather or faux leather, covered in the front with quite dark, iridescent sequins with chameleon effect (with blue, sea green, aqua and lavender colors showing), white netting and small, transparent glass beads.
4. Hair is worn down in full loose curls with tiny white and yellow flowers and curled strands of thin silken ribbons in shades of blue and aqua dotted about. Naturally occurring hair colors only (brown hair color recommended); no bangs; if a wig or hair pieces are used, they must be high quality appear like real hair.
5. Carved japor snippet in light cream color on a delicate silver chain.
PLEASE NOTE: The costume standards are a guide, yet are not an all inclusive outline of required elements. The judges will be looking for quality of workmanship, accurate execution and use of materials in addition to these general standards check lists. If you have a question about fabrics, colors, and parts choices for your build please contact the LCJs for your category about parts/materials you are considering before you start your build. (LCJ listing here)