Padmé Naberrie of Naboo was the younger daughter of Ruwee and Jobal Naberrie, and the sister of Sola Naberrie. Later in her life, Amidala became the secret wife of Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker and the mother of Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa Solo, two of the most important figures in Galactic history. She was also the grandmother of Jaina, Jacen and Anakin Solo, as well as Ben Skywalker. This relationship made her great-grandmother of Allana Solo, Jacen Solo’s daughter, and an ancestor of Nat, Kol, Cade Skywalker, and Ania Solo.
Amidala was the democratically elected Queen of Naboo before representing the Chommell sector as a Senator in the Galactic Senate. As Queen of Naboo, Amidala fought bravely to liberate her people during the Trade Federation’s invasion in 32 BBY, thus becoming one of the most respected political figures in the galaxy. In 22 BBY, following the Military Creation Act, Anakin Skywalker was assigned to protect her, and following the Battle of Geonosis, the two secretly married on Naboo after the pair fell in love.
1. Full sleeveless bias-cut floor-length gown with six spaghetti straps of a silk or silk-like charmeuse in a light blue with shades of steel, lavender or aqua. The gown is cut into several panels to create five vertical lines of heirloom faggot stitch that fan out from the top center front to the hem (may substitute a narrow faggot stitch-like trim). If using the heirloom faggot stitch, the gown should be lined in a fluid flesh-toned fabric. Costumer should appear pregnant.
2. Long, full, floor-length contoured back drape of a silk or silk-like charmeuse in light blue with shades of steel, lavender or aqua. The drape is attached at the back neck, then is folded and pinned at the hip line and the calf line by small drop of three silvery pearls to create a waterfall-like effect.
3. Large Art-Nouveau-like butterfly-shaped brooch of silver wire on a flat, thin base in a light blue with shades of steel, lavender or aqua, decorated with five silvery pearls. The brooch is affixed to the center front neckline; radiating from each side are three strands of silvery pearls of different lengths that sweep around the upper arms to be tacked at the center back neckline
4. Low heeled coordinating tailored pumps or flats.
5. Hair is long and curled in loose spirals with the top portion pulled into a ponytail with the rest left to drape down the back. Naturally occurring hair colors only, no bangs.
6. Small silver diadem with two triangular points decorated with a Celtic knot-like pattern.
7. Carved japor snippet on a delicate silver chain.
- Padawan’s Guide Nightgown page
- SWFFAQ Nightgown page
Revised October 21, 2012