Padmé Naberrie of Naboo was the younger daughter of Ruwee and Jobal Naberrie, and the sister of Sola Naberrie. Later in her life, Amidala became the secret wife of Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker and the mother of Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa Solo, two of the most important figures in Galactic history. She was also the grandmother of Jaina, Jacen and Anakin Solo, as well as Ben Skywalker. This relationship made her great-grandmother of Allana Solo, Jacen Solo’s daughter, and an ancestor of Nat, Kol, Cade Skywalker, and Ania Solo.
Amidala was the democratically elected Queen of Naboo before representing the Chommell sector as a Senator in the Galactic Senate. As Queen of Naboo, Amidala fought bravely to liberate her people during the Trade Federation’s invasion in 32 BBY, thus becoming one of the most respected political figures in the galaxy. In 22 BBY, following the Military Creation Act, Anakin Skywalker was assigned to protect her, and following the Battle of Geonosis, the two secretly married on Naboo after the pair fell in love.
1. Fitted floor-length halter-neck gown cut on the bias with a low scoop back, ombre-dyed in shades of yellow, pink and light lilac/violet/purple.
2. Long, full overdrape of a semi-sheer flowing silk or silk-like fabric also ombre-dyed in shades of yellow, pink and light bluish lilac. It has a wide satin charmeuse bias binding strip down the center front, dyed to match the color transition. The gown is yellow in the top half and on the sleeves, then graduate to soft pink in the middle, and finally to soft, light lilac/violet/purple at the bottom. The drape encircles the body somewhat loosely, is gathered to create sleeve drapes that extend from mid-upper arm to the wrist, and has a long train with squared corners. The drape edges are entirely bound with wide satin charmeuse bias binding, also dyed to match the gradient of the fabric.
3. The halter gown and overdrape front are gathered at the neck to a mother of pearl shell-like collar and 4 pieces of graduating size rimmed in light burnished gold, affixed to a narrow ivory neckband with two delicate burnished gold chains on either side.
4. The overdrape sleeves are each affixed to a light burnished gold curvaceous zig-zag armband with pearly white patches painted or attached at regular intervals.
5. The bottom front of the drape is gathered by a wrap of mother of pearl medallions strung in a row and clustered to create little “pansies” with ivory pearl centers. Draping from the wrap is a long tassel of ivory pearl and iridescent crystal seed beads.
6. The back of the drape is gathered and pulled up to be affixed to the center back waist of the halter gown. A brooch of mother of pearl medallions clustered to form a “pansy” with an ivory pearl center and multi-length strands of ivory pearl and iridescent crystal seed beads cover the gathering point.
7. Low heeled coordinating tailored pumps or flats (light lilac/violet/purple low-heeled satin mules are suggested).
8. Hair is parted in middle with two small sections twisted in front and tucked into a “cornucopia” or “nautilus” of hair held in place with 6 headbands that graduate in size from the crown of the head to the end of the hair covered in a purple silk or silk-like brocade of fabric with silvery swirls tipped in silvery pearls. Naturally occurring hair colors only (brown recommended); no bangs. If a wig or extensions are used, they must be high-quality and appear like real hair.
- Padawan’s Guide Pastel Lake Gown page
- SWFFAQ Pastel Lake Gown page
- Rebel Legion reference gallery
Revised 17 August 2017