Note: For face characters, all costumers should strive for a close resemblance to the character's hair shape and color, facial hair or lack thereof, as well as any body decorations the character may have, such as tattoos and piercings. For hair color, unless exact color is required by the standard, all natural hair colors are accepted.
If the character does not have tattoos, piercings etc. then the costumer should cover up/remove any tattoos, piercings etc. they may have when wearing the costume.
Luke Skywalker was a legendary war hero and Jedi who helped defeat the Galactic Empire in the Galactic Civil War and helped found the New Republic, as well as the New Jedi Order.
Born in 19 BBY as the son of the fallen Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker and the Queen and Senator of Naboo, Padmé Amidala.Luke was raised on Tatooine and hidden from Emperor Palpatine and his father, who had recently become Darth Vader, Dark Lord of the Sith.
In 0 BBY, Skywalker’s life changed forever. A chance purchase of two droids, R2-D2 and C-3PO, led to him to receive training in the ways of the Force from Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi and to meet Han Solo, and Princess Leia Organa, who was, unbeknownst to him, his twin sister. Skywalker then destroyed the first Death Star and joined the Rebel Alliance.
1. Orange flightsuit with mandarin-style collar and pointed tab, code cylinder pocket on upper left arm, rectangular pocket with a flap closure on upper right arm, and thigh pockets (upper set required, lower set optional). No visible zippers or snaps
2. Mid-calf black boots (Jack boots or engineer boots are acceptable. No lace up boots. High-Calf boots are acceptable with sufficient blousing of the flightsuit legs.)
3. Silver/grey leg flares in an olive drab or black leg-band holder
4. Light grey/silver grey ejection harness and web belt, all 2” wide
5. Accurate white flak vest with ribbing
6. Accurately sized grey chest box with accurate decoration (buttons, rocker switches, pin stripes etc.)
Grey hose or aviation hose should attach at the bottom of the chest box and connect to the flightsuit
7. Code cylinders in left shoulder pocket. Two minimum, three maximum
8. Black gauntlet-style gloves.
9. X-Wing helmet with Luke’s decals.
10. Mini-flares on belt
11. Accurate belt buckle on web belt
12. Comm pad visible inside comm pad pocket on lower left arm
13. Characters’ hair needs to be a “similar” style to that of Luke Skywalkers’- no buzz cuts or beards also
PLEASE NOTE: The costume standards are a guide, yet are not an all inclusive outline of required elements. The judges will be looking for quality of workmanship, accurate execution and use of materials in addition to these general standards check lists. If you have a question about fabrics, colors, and parts choices for your build please contact the LCJs for your category about parts/materials you are considering before you start your build. (LCJ listing here)