Kanan Jarrus, born Caleb Dume, was a Human male Jedi Padawan who survived Order 66. Going into hiding, he forsook the Jedi ways for sometime, swapping his blue-bladed lightsaber for a blaster. Eventually, he would come to command the VCX-100 light freighter Ghost several years before the Battle of Yavin. While cocky and often sarcastic, Jarrus was eager to help out and fight the Galactic Empire. Five years before the Battle of Yavin, Jarrus met Ezra Bridger, a fourteen-year-old Force-sensitive Human, whom he decided to mentor.
1. Shirt must be made with vertical panels in the front and a panel that extends across the chest and down the top of the left sleeve. The shirt have NO right sleeve and a collar that splits in the front. The shirt color should be a yellow or olive tan and the top panel must be darker than the rest of the shirt consistent with references. There should also be a grey triangle just beneath the collar split consistent with references. A dark grey or black long sleeve under armor type shirt with a collar is worm underneath, so that only the collar and right sleeve are visible. (Must be consistent with references)
2. Fitted grey pants with no visible pockets. Front seam and closing must be consistent with references
3. Leather or leather like boots must be a grey/brown color with tan horizontal panels in a vertical line along the front of the entire boot. There must be a brown strap across the instep of the boot consistent with references
4. The belt must be 1 1/2 – 2 inch dark grey or black leather and have a silver buckle of a custom design consistent with references. The beck of the belt must also have a silver buckle. There must be a holster with a silver attachment which attaches to the front bottom right of the front buckle and the bottom right of the left buckle. The holster be a box type and have a leg strap to attach to the right thigh. All straps must be either dark grey or black
5.A pair of dark grey or black formfitting fingerless gloves is worn on both hands. The material should be similar to the right sleeve and match in color. The right glove should have a custom piece of dark green armor on the handback
6. Armor pieces are worn on the right arm, chest, and knees. The armor is dark green and weathered consistent with references.
– The chest piece covers the right side of the chest and goes over the shoulder to the right side of the back. A strap extends from the front of the armor across the chest to attach to the back. The strap has silver pieces attached along it and must match the other straps in color.
There is a vertical collar piece that protects the right side of the neck consistent with references.
– The upper arm piece is worn on the right bicep.
– The right shoulder piece is a rounded piece with a white “bird” detail with a yellow number underneath. (See references).
– The right forearm has a seam on the top and two circular details towards the wrist.
– The kneepads are strapped to the knees with a 2 inch elastic strap and feature a small grey triangle detail on the bottom. Color must match other straps
7. A custom lightsaber with a design consistent with references and a blue blade. No children’s lightsabers
8. DL-18 blaster painted black with brown detail on the handle consistent with references. (Unless local laws prohibit or strongly discourage carrying anything that looks like a firearm)
9. Dark brown hair/wig pulled back into a short ponytail at the base of skull
Standard written by Sal Perales and reviewed by the Costume Standards Committee 10 Jan 2015
PLEASE NOTE: The costume standards are a guide, yet are not an all inclusive outline of required elements. The judges will be looking for quality of workmanship, accurate execution and use of materials in addition to these general standards check lists. If you have a question about fabrics, colors, and parts choices for your build please contact the LCJs for your category about parts/materials you are considering before you start your build. (LCJ listing here)