Note: For face characters, all costumers should strive for a close resemblance to the character's hair shape and color, facial hair or lack thereof, as well as any body decorations the character may have, such as tattoos and piercings. For hair color, unless exact color is required by the standard, all natural hair colors are accepted.
If the character does not have tattoos, piercings etc. then the costumer should cover up/remove any tattoos, piercings etc. they may have when wearing the costume.
Hoth Hanger Technicians had an important role to play in the battle of Hoth. The technicians oversaw the shield generator the Rebel Alliance defence against any incoming Imperial attacks. They also helped maintain the Ion cannon used to take out a Star Destroyer and assisted in launching the Rebel Fleet off of the Hoth Planet when the Empire overran the Rebel defences.
1. Technician cold weather hat Very similar to a US Navy foul weather deck hat. Tan, light brown, ecru, khaki would be acceptable
2. The vest is several shades darker than the coveralls. The vest is quilted, front and back, from the bottom to the middle of the arm hole with large diamond quilts. It has a large padded ring shaped collar, and closes in front with no visible fasteners. It extends 2-3” below the natural belt line and is level from front to back with no dips or cuts. Two large un-quilted patch pockets with flaps are on the front. There is a window on the front left breast for a rank badge (only when the vest rank badge is worn). * See formal requirements below.
3. Light tan coverall or pants/ shirt combination with mandarin-style collar and pointed tab, rectangular pocket with a flap closure on upper right arm, 2 upper thigh crescent pockets and 4 leg pockets. No visible zippers or snaps. This is the same flightsuit as the Pilots wear and pockets should be the same. If pants are used they must be modified accordingly with no visible logos, hip pockets, belt loops, etc. A shirt must also be modified accordingly to match references. A Pants/ Shirt combination must match to appear to be a one piece uniform
4. Black mid-calf Jackboots may be worn. Real or replica jackboots are encouraged but motorcycle boots with round toe and conservative heel are permitted. No ornamentation, or ankle straps permitted. Black zippers are permitted if they cannot be seen when viewed from the front
5. TIG welding gloves or other white glove with long grey leather cuff. The left glove typically has a comm device. Light weathering is permitted
Technician Formal Requirements: **Choose two or more. **
1. Rank Badge window on vest left breast, with Hoth rank badge.
2. Rank badge on right arm consistent with screen images
3. Snowspeeder type Comm Device on the left glove gauntlet
2. Code cylinders in pocket on left arm. No more than four
PLEASE NOTE: The costume standards are a guide, yet are not an all inclusive outline of required elements. The judges will be looking for quality of workmanship, accurate execution and use of materials in addition to these general standards check lists. If you have a question about fabrics, colours, and parts choices for your build please contact the LCJs for your category about parts/materials you are considering before you start your build. (LCJ listing here)