Handmaidens were personal aides to royal personalities of the galaxy.
Perhaps the most notable of handmaidens were the handmaidens of the Monarch of Naboo. An unidentified Queen, who reigned long before the Invasion of Naboo, began the custom for Naboo monarchs to have an entourage of handmaidens to ensure their safety.During the reign of Queen Amidala, the handmaidens bore a striking resemblance to their mistress. They were highly trained in order to act as bodyguards, decoys and confidantes to the Queen,roles devised by Captain Panaka. Queens Jamillia and Kylantha were also known to employ handmaidens.
- Dark maroon floor length under dress in a matte fabric, most likely velvet. No panne velvet.
- Maroon floor length silken cloak with wide pleats angled up towards the center front.
- Dark maroon large draped velvet hood. No panne velvet.
- Hair should be pulled back and hidden under the hood. No bangs. Naturally-occurring hair colors only.
- Low-heeled coordinating tailored pumps or flats.
Added October 21, 2012