Handmaidens were personal aides to royal personalities of the galaxy.
Perhaps the most notable of handmaidens were the handmaidens of the Monarch of Naboo. An unidentified Queen, who reigned long before the Invasion of Naboo, began the custom for Naboo monarchs to have an entourage of handmaidens to ensure their safety.During the reign of Queen Amidala, the handmaidens bore a striking resemblance to their mistress. They were highly trained in order to act as bodyguards, decoys and confidantes to the Queen,roles devised by Captain Panaka. Queens Jamillia and Kylantha were also known to employ handmaidens.
1. Deep charcoal gray-blue velvet hood with protruding shaped shoulders. The hood and shoulders have pintuck stitching running toward center of body at downward angles, contoured inward to end in a long pointed tabard with the point at mid-shin. No panne velvet. A gold metallic scroll braid runs down the center front and the center back of the hood, each end topped with a gold metallic diamond.
2. Blue grey satin A-line gown pleated in similar style as hood with the pleats angling up toward center of body and long sleeves with pleats running vertically down length of sleeves.
3. Hair should be pulled back and hidden under the hood. No bangs. Naturally-occurring hair colors only.
4. Low-heeled coordinating tailored pumps or flats.
- Padawan’s Guide Senate Handmaiden page
- SWFFAQ TPM Senate Gown page
Revised October 21, 2012