Handmaidens were personal aides to royal personalities of the galaxy.
Perhaps the most notable of handmaidens were the handmaidens of the Monarch of Naboo. An unidentified Queen, who reigned long before the Invasion of Naboo, began the custom for Naboo monarchs to have an entourage of handmaidens to ensure their safety.During the reign of Queen Amidala, the handmaidens bore a striking resemblance to their mistress. They were highly trained in order to act as bodyguards, decoys and confidantes to the Queen,roles devised by Captain Panaka. Queens Jamillia and Kylantha were also known to employ handmaidens.
1. Golden yellow Fortuny-pleated underskirt with square neckline and long sleeves. Neckline and sleeves should be edged in cord.
2. Golden yellow wide waist sash/belt extending from upper hips to just under the bust of a crinkled fabric.
3. Golden yellow velvet jacket with large hood with point at rear and two in front that sit over the shoulders, large round sleeves lined in gold satin. The sleeves, back and front hood points and the front of the hood by the forehead should have “abstract bird” designs on the velvet. No panne velvet.
4.Hair should be pulled back and hidden under the hood. No bangs. Naturally-occurring hair colors only.
5. Low-heeled coordinating tailored pumps or flats.
- Padawan’s Guide Gold Handmaiden Gown page
- SWFFAQ Yellow Throne Room Gown page
Reviewed by CSC/LMO 10/15/12, effective 11/1/12