Note: For face characters, all costumers should strive for a close resemblance to the character's hair shape and color, facial hair or lack thereof, as well as any body decorations the character may have, such as tattoos and piercings. For hair color, unless exact color is required by the standard, all natural hair colors are accepted.
If the character does not have tattoos, piercings etc. then the costumer should cover up/remove any tattoos, piercings etc. they may have when wearing the costume.
Galen Marek, codenamed Starkiller, was a male Human apprentice of the Sith Lord Darth Vader. A powerful Force-user who lived during the era of the Galactic Empire, Marek originated from the Wookiee home planet of Kashyyyk as the sole offspring of two Jedi Knights—Mallie and Kento Marek—who deserted the Jedi Order during the Clone Wars. Following the death of his mother, the young Marek’s father was killed in battle by Darth Vader. Though only a child, Marek possessed an exceptionally strong connection to the Force that the Dark Lord of the Sith sought to exploit.
1. Grey flannel or flannel like shirt with both arms cut off or under-rolled to the lower bicep area. No stitching should be apparent on rolled up fabric, no frayed edges on bottom
2. Black cargo pants
3. Black boots, leather or leather-like with no laces
4. Front and back grey cloth tabards extending from upper belt hanging to mid-knee. Front tabard is tapered from mid thigh width. Rear tabard is tapered from waist width. Tabards should be appropriately ‘weathered’ at bottom to represent wear
5. Leather or similar fingerless gloves. Each glove has black metallic backing armour that runs from the knuckles to mid hand with two edges folding inwards, ending at wrist
6. Dark (dark and light grey) cloth or leather wraps around base of glove that end approximately 1-2” below the elbow
7. Dark (dark and light grey) cloth or leather wraps around arch of boot, circling the leg up to the top of the boot
8. Chest harness consisting of two dark brown leather/leather like belts that cross the body at chest level and stomach level. Top harness has two straps leading up to attach to top of back armour
9. Shoulder bell armour of metallic or metallic appearing construction. Should curve along the shoulder, sloping higher towards the neck. A second additional upper arm armour bell of similar construction should be attached to upper harness
10. Connected back armour consisting of dark brown leather/leather like armour stretching from top of back to bottom of ribs. Armour should have four evenly spaced rectangular leather plates, vertically oriented
11. Dark brown leather/leather like waist belt. Belt has unique belt buckle on front along with two circular buckles on left and right. Trailing belts off front and back support large dark brown leather/leather-like pouch on thigh
12. Pouches – Marek has 4 other dark brown leather/leather like pouches – two small pouches directly under the arms attached to upper chest belt, two larger pouches on waist belt
13. 2 identical non-toy, PVC or custom lightsabers. Sabers may attach to left and right side of main belt (in-game version) or on harness (trailer version), but not required to attach. If bladed, blades may not be red or black
14. Short or crew-cut hairstyle similar to Marek. No long hair allowed. Costumer should be clean shaven
1. Weathering on shirt
2. Harness closes with metallic or metallic appearing quick release buckles
3. Starkiller style arena sabers or in-game sabers
PLEASE NOTE: The costume standards are a guide, yet are not an all inclusive outline of required elements. The judges will be looking for quality of workmanship, accurate execution and use of materials in addition to these general standards check lists. If you have a question about fabrics, colours, and parts choices for your build please contact the LCJs for your category about parts/materials you are considering before you start your build. (LCJ listing here)