How do I tell if a given prop dealer is unlicensed or not?
There are only a handful of companies licensed by Lucasfilm to produce costume and prop replicas. They are:
- Hasbro (Force FX Lightsabers, Toy blasters, etc.)
- Rubies Costumes (costumes, masks, and helmets)
- eFX Collectibles (props, helmets, studio-scale miniatures)
Additionally, there are several companies who are no longer licensed to produce Star Wars products or are no longer in business.
- Don Post Studios (masks and helmets)
- Master Replicas (props, helmets, studio-scale miniatures)
- Icons (props)
- Illusive Concepts
Other companies such as Sideshow Collectibles, Galoob, or Dark Horse Comics are licensed to produce other Star Wars products like toys or comic books. If you find a prop dealer and their name does not appear on the above list, then they are probably unlicensed.
If you are still unsure, consult the Legion Membership Officer (LMO) via Email:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted in: Forum Rules