Note: For face characters, all costumers should strive for a close resemblance to the character's hair shape and color, facial hair or lack thereof, as well as any body decorations the character may have, such as tattoos and piercings. For hair color, unless exact color is required by the standard, all natural hair colors are accepted.
If the character does not have tattoos, piercings etc. then the costumer should cover up/remove any tattoos, piercings etc. they may have when wearing the costume.
Beru Whitesun Lars, the wife of Owen Lars, was a Tatooinian woman who raised Luke Skywalker after the fall of the Galactic Republic. Coming from a long line of moisture farmers, Beru Whitesun grew up near Mos Eisley on Tatooine. On a trip to Anchorhead, she met Owen Lars, the son of another moisture farmer, Cliegg Lars. Beru and Owen fell in love, and Beru later became part of the Lars family.
1. Medium blue linen or cotton long sleeved shirt with vertical tucks or pleats spaced approximately 2” apart. Worn untucked, meaning the tucks or pleats are now sewn the length of the shirt.
2. Light tan jacket of rough woven material with binding on neck and front edge overlapping just before waist level. Jacket should be about 1-2” shorter than blue shirt. Slits at side seams approximately 3-4” in length.
3. Tan wrap-around style ankle length skirt, closed in the front but drapes so that it opens along the opening when walking.
4. Medium to dark brown, mid-calf high, low wedge heel, leather or non-shiny pleather boots. (Suede boots preferred with top stitched seam over toes and top of foot.)
5. Brown belt worn knotted over jacket with one brown (film style) leather or pleather pouch.
6. Hair must be parted down middle with two small braids at temples coiled into flat buns above ears and one larger braid coiled into a bun at the back of the head. Naturally occurring hair colors only.
Updated: September 6, 2013
Costume Standards Committee Review: July 10, 2013 – August 12, 2013. Rebel Supporters Forums Review: August 12, 2013 – September 6, 2013.