Note: For face characters, all costumers should strive for a close resemblance to the character's hair shape and color, facial hair or lack thereof, as well as any body decorations the character may have, such as tattoos and piercings. For hair color, unless exact color is required by the standard, all natural hair colors are accepted.
If the character does not have tattoos, piercings etc. then the costumer should cover up/remove any tattoos, piercings etc. they may have when wearing the costume.
Beru Whitesun Lars, the wife of Owen Lars, was a Tatooinian woman who raised Luke Skywalker after the fall of the Galactic Republic. Coming from a long line of moisture farmers, Beru Whitesun grew up near Mos Eisley on Tatooine. On a trip to Anchorhead, she met Owen Lars, the son of another moisture farmer, Cliegg Lars. Beru and Owen fell in love, and Beru later became part of the Lars family.
1. Medium blue linen or cotton long sleeved shirt with vertical tucks or pleats spaced approximately 2” apart. Worn untucked, meaning the tucks or pleats are now sewn the length of the shirt. The shirt sleeves should extend 1 to 2 inches beyond the jacket.
2. Royal blue (darker shade than shirt) jacket of rough woven material with binding on neck and front edge. Worn open. Jacket should be about 1-2” longer than blue shirt.
3. Tan wrap-around style ankle length skirt.
4. Medium to dark brown, calf high, low wedge heel, leather or non-shiny pleather boots. (Suede preferred with top stitched seam over toes and top of foot.)
5. Light Reddish-Brown belt worn knotted over shirt, under jacket.
6. Hair must be parted above left eye and pulled back into a braid that is coiled into a bun at the back of the head. Naturally occurring hair colors only.
Updated: September 6, 2013
Costume Standards Committee Review: July 10, 2013 – August 12, 2013. Rebel Supporters Forums Review: August 12, 2013 – September 6, 2013.