Ahsoka Tano, nicknamed Snips by her master, was a Togruta female from the planet Shili who trained as a Jedi apprentice during the Clone Wars, the conflict between the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Tano was assigned to Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker by Jedi Grand Master Yoda, and she demonstrated an eagerness to prove herself worthy to be his apprentice. Tano was involved in the defeat of the Separatist army on the planet Christophsis and was important to Republic efforts during the Battle of Teth. Along with Skywalker, Tano was instrumental in acquiring the Republic’s safe passage through Hutt Space, due to her part in rescuing the son of Jabba the Hutt, which ensured an alliance between the Republic and the Hutt clans.
1. Headpiece: Togruta headpiece in egg or off white, with grey-ish blue bands. Must match reference.
2. Skin: Orange with accurate markings.
3. Dress top: Sleeveless burgundy, dress top, that cover butt and crouch. Must have high collar and teardrop hole in the chest and open back. Fabric should have no shine, moleskin or similar preferred.
4. Armband: Four armband, that make a pattern of three diamond shapes. Must be same color and material as the dress.
5. Gloves: Dark burgundy fingerless gloves, in leather or similar, must reach just below the elbow.
6. Bracers: A brownish burgundy leather bracer, slightly darker than the dress. Bracers have 3 buckles with H cut out.
7. Belts: One tan main belt, resting on the hips. Two tan belts hang from the main belt down to the hip joint. On the back is a tan leather pouch. The buckle is hexagonal and silver. On the belts must be two covertecs on lower belts and two silver foodcaps on main belt.
8. Tabard/loincloth: A pale pink, elongated pentagon, with correct markings in pale purple. In suede or similar. Pattern must match reference.
9. Pants: Leggings or tights in grey, the leggings must have 6 diamond shaped cutouts, the top one bigger than the others.
10. Boots: Boots are a brownish burgundy color and are two parts, leather must be slightly darker than dress. One leather ankle boot and leather half chaps. The half chaps have 5 brass colored buckles, with a H cutout. Light weathering is recommended but not a must.
11. Accessories: Necklace: Thin gold cord choker with a diamond in gold Silver ceremonial chain on montrals, going under back lekku with a loose end on the right side mimicking the Padawan braid.
Standard written by Author: Kira Axelsen (Anakin Skywalker)
Standard reviewed by the Costume Standards Committee 5 July 2016
PLEASE NOTE: The costume standards are a guide, yet are not an all inclusive outline of required elements. The judges will be looking for quality of workmanship, accurate execution and use of materials in addition to these general standards check lists. If you have a question about fabrics, colours, and parts choices for your build please contact the Detachment Officer for your category about parts/materials you are considering before you start your build, or post a ‘Work in Progress’ (WIP) thread on the forum. (LCJ listing here)