Gial Ackbar was a male Mon Calamari who became the foremost military commander of the Alliance to Restore the Republic and its successor government the New Republic. (Source Wookieepedia)
– Screen accurate mask and hands.
– Mask should not have a visible opening.
– Fabric should be heavy enough to be opaque.
– There is a one inch wide dark yellow stripe on the side which extends from the lower edge of the pant leg to the armpit.
– Sleeves are approximately three-quarter length and should cover the edges of the prosthetic hands.
– Pant legs should reach the tops of the shoes.
– Plain white leather Chelsea style boots (ankle high) without visible closures.
– Fabric has a fuzzy textured finish, felted wool is preferred.
– Vest is open on the sides, with unfinished armholes, is and worn under the belt. Sides may be tacked underneath the belt for ease of wearing if desired.
– Vest has a continuous round rolled collar.
– Vest may have an optional, small opening in the back if needed, not to exceed mid shoulder blade in length. Invisible zipper or hidden Velcro closure should be used.
– Cream colored leather belt approximately two inches wide with a hidden closure.
– Three rectangular belt boxes worn in front, screen accurate.
– Two additional belt boxes, worn one on each hip, shaped as shown on screen.
– Screen accurate, two piece rank badge worn on the left side of the chest.
Standard reviewed by the Costume Standards Committee: 7 May 2018
PLEASE NOTE: The costume standards are a guide, yet are not an all inclusive outline of required elements. The judges will be looking for quality of workmanship, accurate execution and use of materials in addition to these general standards check lists. If you have a question about fabrics, colors, and parts choices for your build please contact the LCJs for your category about parts/materials you are considering before you start your build. (LCJ listing here)